ADSM-L

Re: starting tsm server on solaris

2002-05-13 19:52:53
Subject: Re: starting tsm server on solaris
From: Bern Ruelas <bern AT CADENCE DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 16:52:59 -0700
HI Gerald,

That is a very offending line. We've removed it. Not only that,
but Solaris usually doesn't start daemons (except the console)
in that way. Solaris uses run control scripts. We put ours in
/etc/init.d. It is pointed to from /etc/rc3.d which starts up
when the system goes into multiuser mode. The script we use is:

# cat /etc/init.d/dsmcad_v1
#!/bin/sh
DSM_CONFIG=/opt/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsm.opt.v1
export DSM_CONFIG
/bin/dsmcad-v1 -optfile=/opt/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsm.opt.v1 >
/var/log/nohup-v000 2>&1 &

We call it from a link in rc3.d:

lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     other         21 Apr 19 16:24 S88dsmcad_01 ->
/etc/init.d/dsmcad_v1

We also put in this line in the dsm.sys file:

  ManagedServices      Schedule  WebClient

That way dsmcad runs the dsmc daemon by turning it on and off.
 This gets rid of the dsmc memory problem.

Another reason we went to this solution is because we use console
servers in order to do work from anywhere. Using that original inittab
line actually hangs the console so you can't get into it from the
console server, thus making the console server fairly useless.

Hope this helps,

-Bern