ADSM-L

Re: TDP Delete

2002-05-13 08:50:11
Subject: Re: TDP Delete
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 08:50:47 -0400
> Any idea why I do not see the two databases I wish to delete on the
client's
> TDP GUI ?  The databases do show up under a q occupancy on the TSM
server.

Maria,

The main thing to check for is...
Is your copygroup set as Version Data Deleted set to 0 (zero)?
That is, is "VERDELETED" set to 0?
Use the "QUERY COPYGROUP" TSM Server command to find out.
Take a look at "TSM Policy Requirements and Recommendations"
section in the version 1 User's Guide. It discusses this.

If that is not the problem...
Did you try a "SHOW VERSION nodename *" TSM server command?
Are the objects marked as "expired"?  Are they inactive?
Do the database names have any unusual characters in them?
Does the command line client show them on a query?
   SQLDSMC /ADSMQUERYDB:*
   SQLDSMC /ADSMQUERYDB:  /SQLSERVER:servername
Did you try deleting them from the command-line client?
   SQLDSMC /ADSMDELete:databasename,objectname[,sqlservername]

(By the way, I am sure you are aware... TDP for SQL version 1.1
went out of official service support on 1/26/2002.
See: http://www.tivoli.com/support/storage_mgr/tivolieoc.html)

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

Leave everything a little better than you found it.
Smile a lot: it costs nothing and is beyond price.