ADSM-L

Re: Disaster Recovery Site

2002-05-09 18:26:03
Subject: Re: Disaster Recovery Site
From: Zlatko Krastev <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 01:25:29 +0300
T1 simply is not enough. Just some math:
1.536 MB/s * 3600 sec/h = 5529.6 MB/h (5.4 GB/h)
5.4 GB/h * 24h/day = 129.6 GB/day
129.6 GB/day * 7 days/week = 907.2 GB/week
Having 90 GB daily change you are very very close to the limit - for real
disaster recovery you will need also TSM DB backup/snapshot at DR site and
you did not pointed how big is DB. And for sure there is no enough
throughput for weekend's SAP DB (even being one and the only).
So you have to reconsider something.

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant