ADSM-L

client acceptor question

2002-05-09 14:29:19
Subject: client acceptor question
From: Burak Demircan <burak.demircan AT DAIMLERCHRYSLER DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 20:29:35 +0200
Hi,
Sorry if this is a stupid question. I am using scheduler
service for my clients for a long time and I do not have too much
trouble with them. Today I read that Tivoli recommends to use client acceptor.
Some of my clients have limited memory so using it can help me.
(or at least I want to use it)

I tried to use it on my client  and installed the service (client
acceptor with managedservices schedule option) but the backup never started.

Now I am confused with this 3 services: scheduler, client acceptor and remote
agent. Can anybody tell me simply what are their purposes briefly?

Regards,
Burak