ADSM-L

Multiple backupsets on one volume

2002-05-08 20:37:28
Subject: Multiple backupsets on one volume
From: Mark Bertrand <Mark.Bertrand AT USUNWIRED DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 09:53:41 -0500
Hello All,

Is it possible to put multiple backupsets on one tape, I believe that the
tape I am using has enough room for multiple sets. When the first backupset
completed the activity log reported "ANR1361I Output volume 367ACRL1 closed"
do I have to do something to reopen the volume. The volume errors in the
activity log reported when I tried to force it to go to this specific tape
are "ANR1409W Volume 367ACRL1 already in use - skipped." and "ANR3516E
GENERATE BACKUPSET: Out of space on sequential media, scratch media could
not be mounted."

Server is TSM 4.1.30 on NT.

Any help is appreciated.
Mark B.