ADSM-L

DB2 Redirected Restore

2002-05-08 19:49:34
Subject: DB2 Redirected Restore
From: Alex Paschal <AlexPaschal AT FREIGHTLINER DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 16:48:50 -0700
Hello.  For DR purposes, we're working on doing DB2 redirected restores from
TSM.  However, the restore is failing because it takes 18 hours for DB2 to
recreate the table space containers (800GB database), much longer than it
takes for idletimeout to kill the session.  I would rather not increase the
idletimeout to 1200 minutes, but that's the only solution I've thought of so
far.

Is there a way to create/format those containers, then do a redirected
restore into them?  How have other people resolved this problem?  Or has
anybody even run into it?

Thanks in advance,

Alex Paschal
Storage Administrator