ADSM-L

Re: number of clients poll

2002-05-06 18:56:20
Subject: Re: number of clients poll
From: Alex Paschal <AlexPaschal AT FREIGHTLINER DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 15:55:40 -0700
We're running a 50GB db, 75% used.  Network config for the TSM server
consists of GbE, ATM, and SP Switch.  We're about to retire the ATM.  240
nodes, all servers, back up on average 1.2TB/night.  Two nights/week we do
full backups of a 800GB DB2 database.  Weekends we do full BUTA backups of
our 2TB DCE/DFS environment.  Total occupancy of the TSM server is 120TB.
Everything goes offsite.  Tape hardware is a STK 9310 with 20 Fibre 9840
tape drives.  The silo also serves a small TSM server currently living on an
F50 servicing a Datalinks pilot implementation.  We have 7 remote sites with
TSM, but they're much smaller.

I'm starting to consider either putting the DB on ESS or running a second
instance because sometimes I'm maxing out the SCSI disks/adapters that the
DB currently lives on.

Alex Paschal
Storage Administrator
Freightliner, LLC