ADSM-L

Re: Help Understanding Mgmt classes

2002-05-03 09:22:05
Subject: Re: Help Understanding Mgmt classes
From: Diana Noble <djk AT UMICH DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 09:22:20 -0400
Don -

I think I'm more than a bit confused.  So, according to your first paragraph, I
cannot activate a new (different) policy set within a domain and expect that my
files will then be backed up according to the mgmtclass specifications in in
the new policy set?

So what is the best way to swap back and forth between absolute and modified
backups, keeping a retention of 30 versions combined.  Would it be best to
modifiy my existing management class backup copygroup to absolute or modified
depending on what should be done that day, leaving the version count the same?
If I change it to absolute, what does that do the modified backups already
taken, anything?

Thank you for your help.

Diana