ADSM-L

Re: Multimedia environment using ACSLS

2002-05-02 21:00:59
Subject: Re: Multimedia environment using ACSLS
From: Zlatko Krastev <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 03:58:29 +0300
Gresham have created a product which helps for configurations like yours -
EDT-DistribuTAPE.
Look at post Chris Young made on 19.10.2001 on thread "Mixed drives in STK
library". It is very informative.
Or visit Gresham's site http://www.greshamstorage.com/

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc:

Subject:        Multimedia environment using ACSLS

What I am trying to get working is this:

I have an STK L700 lib with approx 384 slots
4 DLT7000 drives
1 STK 9940 drive
1 STK 9840 drive
1 STK 9840B drive

I have the following media types:

DLTIV - compat with DLT7000
9840 (STK1R) compat with 9840 and 9840B
9940 (STK2R) compat with 9940 drive

I have defined 3 libraries within TSM

DLTLIB
9940LIB
9840LIB

I also have three corresponding device classes:

DLT
T9940
T9840

The issue that I am having is that the three libraries can only operate
one at a time.  This is because I can not define the library as
SHARED=YES, because that option is only valid for 349X and SCSI.

Solaris 8
ACSLS 6.0.1
TSM 4.2.1.9

Thanks for your help.