ADSM-L

Re: Recovery Log almost 100%

2002-05-02 16:29:19
Subject: Re: Recovery Log almost 100%
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT MAIL.TJU DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 16:28:34 -0400
> This a very good requirement. Also given that TSM DB is very close to DB2
> in design we can hope this TSM-DB2 integration to be possible. Maybe with
> some restrictions - locally on the TSM server machine, for sure not EEE
> version, etc. Probably IBM will not discuss Oracle or Sybase usage.

This kind of proposal has always struck me as confusing the symptom with
the disease. The fundamental problem is the attitude that addressing the
current performance and usability problems is a luxury rather than a
necessity. If that attitude is fixed, we can safely let the developers
decide for themselves whether they need a different infrastructure to
meet their performance and usability objectives. If that attitude isn't
fixed, pressuring the developers into adopting a different infrastructure
will get us slow, cumbersome facilities built on a different infrastructure.