ADSM-L

TDP R3 keeping monthly and yearly for different retentions?

2002-04-29 13:37:23
Subject: TDP R3 keeping monthly and yearly for different retentions?
From: Paul Fielding <paul AT MAINLAND DOT CA>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 11:22:36 -0600
Hi all,

I did some poking around the list and didn't see anything on the subject.

Does anybody have a good method for doing Monthly and Yearly backups of an R3
(oracle) database using the TDP for R3? I have a requirement to maintain daily
backups for 2 weeks, monthly backups for 3 months and yearly backups for 7
years.   Superficially, It appears to be straightforward to set up different
server stanzas within the TDP profile for different days of the week, but
that's it.

I suspect that I could get extra fancy and write a script to do a flip of the
profile to an alternate profile file on the appropriate days, and have it flip
back when it's done, but that seems like a bit of a band-aid to me and I'm
wondering if anyone's come up with something better?

regards,

Paul