ADSM-L

Archive script?

2002-04-26 17:05:59
Subject: Archive script?
From: George Lesho <GLesho AT AFCE DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 15:54:39 -0500
Anybody have a ksh script that they run to accomplish whole system archives
on AIX 4.x.x boxes with TSM? I wrote one and lists all the JFS file systems
and then reads these in from a file as an argument to the archive
command... Problem is, my script works for about 1 gig of backup and then
seems to bog down. Another unfortunate problem is that our file systems use
nested naming such as /usr /usr/local /usr/bmc , etc so when you feed /usr/
with subdir=yes as another argument, it also backs up /usr/local and all
its subdirs redundantly. Any assistance would be mucho appreciated!

George Lesho
System/Storage Admin
AFC Enterprises