ADSM-L

Re: 3570-B11 - I've gota be doing something wrong

2002-04-25 06:33:56
Subject: Re: 3570-B11 - I've gota be doing something wrong
From: Anthony Wong <awong AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 03:34:13 -0700
IBM 3570 library  need to set to "base" mode and "RANDOM" access mode in
order for TSM server to use the barcode reader and library robotic arm to
move tape around.

Looking at the library from the front angle. the drive on the rear right is
"Drive 1" with element 16 , the drive on the rear left is "Drive 2" with
element 17
the slot 31 is the import/export slot

Before config 3570 in TSM server , bring up TSM utility and go to device
list

make sure adsmcsci.sys is loaded, if not loaded, you may see //./tape? for
all 3570 library or drives

when define automated drive for 3570  in TSM server  , make sure device
name look like mt?.?.?.? instead of //./tape?

3570 library  on AIX TSM server requires to use  device driver "Atape".
but..
3570 library  on NT requires to use ONLY tsm device driver
adsmcsci.sys(come with server )  to control the 3570 library . It means you
do not need to download additional devices driver from IBM for TSM server
operation unless you need to use 3570 for others non-tsm server operation
or TSM restore backupset from local.

PS: Jack: Please read additional e-mail from me which include step by step
screen shot for setuping up 3570 on NT , thanks

Tivoli Storage Management Function Verification Test , FVT Automation
Project Lead
Office:408-256-3312 Home:650-757-1661 Cell:415-218-7880 AIM:smartbluewong
Dept Y0LA /Bldg 050-3 / Office 3A64
IBM SSG Division 46

"Coats, Jack" <Jack.Coats AT BANKSTERLING DOT COM>@VM.MARIST.EDU> on 04/24/2002
02:09:10 PM

Sent by:    "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>