ADSM-L

Re: TSM DB detailed description

2002-04-24 14:38:03
Subject: Re: TSM DB detailed description
From: Alex Paschal <AlexPaschal AT FREIGHTLINER DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 11:37:43 -0700
Tom,

The only thing I can recommend is that you might try writing good exception
handling instead of trying for errorless monitoring software.  Unless you
have an "in" with Tivoli developers, you might have to settle for setting a
flag if you come across an as-yet-unknown value.

If you look at the Events.Result column, it is an integer.  If it were an
enum_type, you would know what values it could possibly have, but as an
integer, you're pretty much left guessing as to what the numbers are and
what they mean.  Personally, I think Result is probably Return Code.  Yep,
here's an event showing "completed" with return=11, reason="item not found".
It's a backup stg schedule where the stgpool was deleted.  Messy, messy.  I
should probably clean that up.  Anyway, I don't think you can get a list of
all possible values for Return Codes in the events.result column, and even
if you did, it would have to evolve with every single release where there
are new return codes.

Alex Paschal
Storage Administrator
Freightliner, LLC