ADSM-L

File systems skipped with Sun Solaris 2.5.1 running TSM client 3.1.0.8 with OS/390 TSM Server 4.2.1.9

2002-04-23 17:55:30
Subject: File systems skipped with Sun Solaris 2.5.1 running TSM client 3.1.0.8 with OS/390 TSM Server 4.2.1.9
From: "Nancy R. Brizuela" <Brizuela AT UWYO DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 15:55:01 -0600
Hello All,

We have a backup client running on Sun Solaris 2.5.1 with TSM client
3.1.0.8.  Our server is running on OS/390 V 2.6 with TSM server 4.2.1.9.
Some of the time, the backups for this client are successful.  It is
occasionally and randomly missing entire file systems, though.  The
backup is marked as successful and the error log show nothing amiss.
The error log did show an "out of memory" condition on a day that the
backup worked correctly.

Has anyone run into this problem?  Did you find a solution?  Is anyone
using a higher level TSM version on a Sun Solaris 2.5.1 client?  We know
we have an old OS and an old TSM client, but upgrading the client OS so
that we could use a newer version of the TSM client is not an option
right now.

Thanks,
Nancy Brizuela
University of Wyoming