ADSM-L

Re: Remote Tape Library

2002-04-23 12:03:10
Subject: Re: Remote Tape Library
From: Rolf Meyer <rolf.meyer AT SUBNET DOT DE>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 18:14:48 +0200
Hello

we use a Magstar tape library at remote location since nearly two years
without any problems. Fiber channel connection is via a DWDM, which is used
also for several network and ESCON connections.

Config is: local TSM server with 100/1000 MBit network to TSM clients and two
FC to two Brocade switches at the remote site. Tape drives are native FC,
also connected to that switches. On the remote site there is an additional
TSM server with two FC channels using the same tape library.

As mentioned: no problems with this kind of connection.

Rolf Meyer
Info Business Systems GmbH
22607 Hamburg / Germany