ADSM-L

Re: TDP for SQL Server and SQL Server backup utility question

2002-04-19 13:45:55
Subject: Re: TDP for SQL Server and SQL Server backup utility question
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 13:41:24 -0400
> Could I use the full backup from TDP for SQL Server and the Log backups
> created using SQL Server command 'BACKUP"  to restore a database?

Yi,

Yes... You can do this... make sure you say
/RECOVERY=NO when restoring the database
from TDP for SQL so that recovery won't be
run against the database.  It will leave it in
a mode that will allow you to restore the
associated logs via non-TDP methods (the same way
you took the log backups, except with the RESTORE command.)

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

Leave everything a little better than you found it.
Smile a lot: it costs nothing and is beyond price.