ADSM-L

Re: Database Unload

2002-04-18 14:12:09
Subject: Re: Database Unload
From: "William F. Colwell" <bcolwell AT DRAPER DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 14:03:10 -0400
Jeff,

I unload some of the tsm tables daily and then load them into db2.
The method will depend on your server platform and the target dbms.

My server is on OS/390 and the target is db2.  Briefly the process
is a batch job that does 'select * from nodes' with the output
going to a file.  the file is massaged to make it db2 loadable, then the
file is passed to the db2 load utility.  I do this daily for nodes, filespaces
and associations, weekly for occupancy.

Just this week I was asked to analyze the effects of changing the copygroup
parameters.  I am doing this by 'select <columns> from backups' for some
randomly chosen filespaces, then loading the output into db2.

If you want more info you can email me directly.

Bill Colwell
Bill Colwell
C. S. Draper Lab
Cambridge Ma.