ADSM-L

Re: Second copy of a backup

2002-04-18 02:39:12
Subject: Re: Second copy of a backup
From: robert <robert AT PLCS DOT NL>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 03:45:34 -0400
Hi,

A backupset wastes a lot of space (one node, one tape).

DRM and Archiving is the easiest way to handle this, because then you
don't need to keep track of what is on which tape. But if you do not
have DRM, then I would recommend an EXPORT.

With an EXPORT you can export the active and/or inactive data.
You can put multiple nodes on a export tape and it doesn't fill the
database. And when you need to restore a tape you just import the
filespace you want to disk pool and restore it to the node.

Both exports and backupsets do not have copies, just in case your tape
is destroyed.

Regards,

Robert Brilmayer