ADSM-L

Backup Report

2002-04-17 17:59:17
Subject: Backup Report
From: John <rs6000 AT BTINTERNET DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 22:58:50 +0100
Hi TSM'ers

I am busy implementing a TSM/WIN2K environment and the customer asked me to do
an interim demo today. The scheduled backup of the local client ran ok but
failed due to open files.

He then asked me what I thought was a legitimate question: Where is the output
report so that we can know why the backup failed, and not just that it did fail.

I know other backup solutions can do this.

Apart from looking in the TSM event log is there anyway to make TSM
automatically generate an output report and say email it to someone?

If anyone has done this before I would appreciate your help.

Ta

John