ADSM-L

Veritas/Legato/ArcServ

2002-04-17 13:17:48
Subject: Veritas/Legato/ArcServ
From: Gerald Wichmann <gwichman AT ATTBI DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 10:19:21 -0700
Not specifically TSM question but more of a question to better
understand how to discuss pro's/cons to other competing products.

Since my background is all TSM, I'm curious on how the other competitors
handle media. Is my assumption correct that they waste a lot of tape
space? As far as I understand it, all these products do traditional
full/incremental type backups where each full and incremental "uses a
tape". Thus Server 1 would suck up 7 tapes in a week (1 full, 6
incrementals).

Is this true? Or can these products actually put 2 full's on a single
tape? Or multiple incrementals on a single tape?