ADSM-L

True64 problem

2002-04-16 15:58:46
Subject: True64 problem
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 12:58:41 -0700
I sent this last week and got no takers so I'll try again. Here is a problem
one of the Unix Admins sent to me. If anyone has any ideas can you lend a
hand please.

"The system is a Compaq Alpha 8200 running TRU64 version 5.1 patch level 3.
The version of TSM is version 4 release 2 level 0 for TRU64.

It starts ok but when we select any of the icons it core dumps with no error
message.

I deinstalled version 3 and installed version 4 and the problem remained.
Then I rebooted and it still core dumps.

The system has plenty of memory and swap space available. The problem occurs
no matter which user runs dsm."

Thanks,

Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator
NT Systems Support Engineer
SAIC
E-Mail:   gillg AT saic DOT com <mailto:gillg AT saic DOT com>
Phone:  (858) 826-4062
Pager:   (877) 905-7154