ADSM-L

TDPO/RMAN orphan backups

2002-04-16 12:48:23
Subject: TDPO/RMAN orphan backups
From: Joseph Thvedt <JTHVEDT AT LARSONDOORS DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 11:49:20 -0500
Hello *SMers:

We recently switched from an ADSM 3 server to TSM 4 on a different server (a
clean switch; NOT an upgrade).  We'll keep the old server on-line for a
while just in case we need to restore an old version of something.

I didn't quite think through the TDPO/RMAN switch, though, and my purge
scripts switched to the new server at the same time as my backup scripts.
So RMAN was busy deleting old Oracle backups from its own catalog, trying to
delete them from the new TSM server (where they didn't exist), but not
deleting them from the old ADSM server.  Now that they're gone from the RMAN
catalog, I'm not sure of the easiest or best way to get rid of them from
ADSM.  Is there some policy change I can make so they expire?  Or should I
just delete the filespace?

Thanks.

Joseph

--