ADSM-L

3494 replacement (cont.)

2002-04-15 15:31:35
Subject: 3494 replacement (cont.)
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 12:31:33 -0700
In the midst of replacing the 3494 and drives now and I thought of
something. I'm obviously going to have to remove the drives from TSM and
AIX, then rescan and redefine both. I'm wondering if anyone knows if I'm
going to have any issues with the library.
Replacement hardware is the same as what's being removed.

As for the tape suggestions I got last week this is what I used and it
worked to create the file and check everything out with a remove=no.

SET SQLDISPLAYMODE WIDE

select 'checkout libv ' || trim(library_name) || ' ' || trim(volume_name) ||
' checkl=no rem=no' from libvolumes > /temp/macro

dsmadmc -id=xxxx -pass=xxxx -itemcommit macro /temp/macro

When I check tapes back in do I need do I need to checkin as scratch or
private, since they really do have data on them.

checkin libvol 3494lib U00235 search=yes status=private checkl=no devt=3590

Thanks,

Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator
NT Systems Support Engineer
SAIC
E-Mail:   gillg AT saic DOT com <mailto:gillg AT saic DOT com>
Phone:  (858) 826-4062
Pager:   (877) 905-7154