ADSM-L

Re: How do I know what tapes my data is on? - Part II

2002-04-15 10:44:35
Subject: Re: How do I know what tapes my data is on? - Part II
From: "William F. Colwell" <bcolwell AT DRAPER DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 10:42:27 -0400
Roy - create a separate tape storagepool for this one customer.
Allow it to use unlimited scratches. After each month's archive
there will be one or more tapes in readwrite access with a status of
full or filling.  Update these tapes to readonly, eject them and send offsite.
Whenever you need to find the tape from a particular month's archive, do
this select -

Select volume_name from volumes
 where stgpool_name = 'specialarchivepool'
     and year(last_write_date) = <year-in-question>
      and month(last_write_date) = <month-in-question>

Hope this helps,

Bill Colwell
Bill Colwell
C. S. Draper Lab