ADSM-L

Re: TSM/ODBC connection not working...

2002-04-15 10:35:39
Subject: Re: TSM/ODBC connection not working...
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 10:35:47 -0400
Hi Paul,

Try the 5.1.0.1 ODBC driver. From Excel XP, I am able to use the "Import"
feature as well as the DB query feature (via MSQRY32) to get data into an
Excel spreadsheet.

By the way, even they are not supported, with this version of the driver,
I have had success in connecting via:

DB2 Warehouse Manager

JDBC-ODBC bridge

ActiveState Perl (version 5.005_03, build 522 + roth ODBC driver dated
12-21-1991 from www.roth.net)

Crystal Reports (known to work with earlier TSM ODBC driver versions)

Access XP (probably will be supported this year)

Excel XP (probably will be supported this year)

VBScript (known to work with earlier TSM ODBC driver versions)

Visual Basic 6.0 (using Microsoft ADO Data Control 6.0 SP4 and Microsoft
DataGrid Control 6.0 SP5)

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

"Seay, Paul" <seay_pd AT NAPTHEON DOT COM>
04/05/2002 08:53