ADSM-L

Database backup trigger spits out tape over and over again.

2002-04-15 10:27:45
Subject: Database backup trigger spits out tape over and over again.
From: Frank Kruse <fkruse AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 09:12:59 -0500
Let me try this problem again.  I have my dbbackuptrigger defined to
backup to devclass "8mmdb".  When I enable the logmode to rollforward,
the db wants to do a full backup.  When the process kicks off, the tape
drive (manual) reads the tape and immediately spits it out.  If I query
the processes, I see the process for the db backup.  If I query the
requests, I see that TSM is requesting me to mount volume "DBBK.1"  I do
not have this volume anymore, I can't re-label a volume dbbk.1 because
it is already in the volhist.  Is there any way I can keep this from
happening?  My dbbackuptrigger is pretty much useless at this time.  I
can't get a tape to stay in the drive.  I was finally able to label a
tape (with logmode normal only), then do a manual db backup to  the new
volume.   Do I need to delete the dbbackuptrigger and recreate?

*  Frank Kruse                  fkruse AT us.ibm DOT com    *
*  IBM Austin                   512-823-7475         *