ADSM-L

Re: How do I know what tape/s my data is on?

2002-04-13 18:05:17
Subject: Re: How do I know what tape/s my data is on?
From: Zlatko Krastev <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 17:23:55 +0300
Roy,

what additional level of protection do you achieve sending *primary* (!!!)
pool tapes off-site?
Juraj is absolutely correct - this is very bad practice. Copy pool tapes
can be ejected from library right after their creation or even made on a
"manual" library consisting of standalone drive(s). Tape sent off-site can
easily become damaged when courier drops it moving it back and forth.
Whenever this happens you do not have the chance to do something
reasonable.
I hope with this installation you are not forced to meet any SLA
requirements.

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant