ADSM-L

Netware 6 and *SM

2002-04-12 15:16:59
Subject: Netware 6 and *SM
From: Jim Kirkman <jmk AT EMAIL.UNC DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 15:15:05 -0400
So, anyone backing up NW6 with remote, shared drives (I'm used to
calling them NSS volumes in 5.1)? I'm testing a NW6 cluster with the
latest client, 4.2.1_29 (man we're getting up there!), and the client
will only back up the local volumes. The client has no knowledge of
these other volumes, which are EMC disk SCSI attached. It works in 5.1,
even in the cluster environment, which is not officially supported by
IBM. This is  a test environment for now but the Intel/NW boys are
chomping at the bit to bring NW6 into production.

On a related note, anyone know of plans for a NW cluster aware client?
--
Jim Kirkman
Jim Kirkman