ADSM-L

Re: TSM V5.1

2002-04-12 12:02:43
Subject: Re: TSM V5.1
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 12:02:12 -0400
Hmmmm....... not a good sign.

I downloaded the driver this morning and verified the install myself, and
it went alright.

Do you have an existing ODBC driver installed? If so, which version?

I suspect that this could be an issue with removing the older ODBC driver.
Try this:

1) From Add/Remove Programs, remove the old ODBC driver.

2) You may get a prompt similar to the above. If so, go get the install
package for that driver, and extract the install image (but don't run
setup). Then try the uninstall again. If prompted, point to the .msi file
in the old driver's install image (the one you just unpacked).

3) If that works, then try installing the new driver.

Let me know how this goes.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

"Loon, E.J. van - SPLXM" <Eric-van.Loon AT KLM DOT COM>
04/12/2002 07:48