ADSM-L

Redirecting Commands in Scripts

2002-04-12 06:37:41
Subject: Redirecting Commands in Scripts
From: Gerhard Wolkerstorfer <Gerhard.Wolkerstorfer AT T-SYSTEMS DOT AT>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 12:26:12 +0200
Hello all,
I found questions like this in the archives, but no answers......

One more try =>
I want to run a script, where one line should look like this:
QUERY SYSTEM > DSM.OUTPUT.QSYSTEM
where DSM.OUTPUT.QSYSTEM is a S390 Filename I want to take to the OFFSITE
Location.
(This Command works great on the command line, but I want to have it in a
script!)

However - I tried to do it like this:
def script test desc='Test'
upd script test "QUERY SYSTEM > DSM.OUTPUT"

Result:
ANR1454I DEFINE SCRIPT: Command script TEST defined.
ANR2002E Missing closing quote character.
ANS8001I Return code 3.

Any hints how to route an output to a file in a script  ?
I guess, the problem is, that TSM wants to direct the Output of the Update Stmt
to a file - and when doing this, one quote is missing, of course

We are running TSM 3.7.5 on S390 (I know, not supported, but I guess this should
work on all versions)

Regards
Gerhard Wolkerstorfer