ADSM-L

Re: Duplicate Archive Entries...and deleting them

2002-04-10 22:00:54
Subject: Re: Duplicate Archive Entries...and deleting them
From: David Smith <david.smith AT CE.COM DOT AU>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 11:59:57 +1000
Ian,

I've just cleaned up my TSM database archive directories.  We had many
directory entries from an older TSM version that were set to expire in 7
years as the old version would automatically keep directories in the
management class with the longest retention (even though these directories
have no archive files in them any more).

I wanted to keep the decriptions for files as some are important to me so I
ran:

Cleanup archdir <nodename> deletedirs

This deleted ALL directory entries but left me with the descriptions for the
files.

I've retrieved files subsequently and all seems to be fine.

Regards,

David Smith
AIX Administrator
Corporate Express Australia