ADSM-L

Re: AIX Disk questions

2002-04-10 12:24:10
Subject: Re: AIX Disk questions
From: Allen Barth <allen.barth AT DB DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 11:09:23 -0500
It is possible that the disks in question were previously used in a raid
configuration.  As such they won't configure as hdisks.  Go into diag,
service aids, ssa service aids and reformat them as AIX system disks.  You
can get the serial numbers from lscfg -vp output.  After that do a cfgmgr
and the disks should then appear in the hdisk list.

Regards,
Al Barth

David Longo <David.Longo AT HEALTH-FIRST DOT ORG>
04/10/02 10:02 AM