ADSM-L

Re: auditing tape libraries again

2002-04-09 18:51:34
Subject: Re: auditing tape libraries again
From: Tab Trepagnier <Tab.Trepagnier AT LAITRAM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 17:51:07 -0500
George,

"I have NEVER gotten that little feature to work (3.7.2 or 4.1.4.5)"

Then you might have something wrong with your TSM system.

Like most *SM users, most of the time I use the "checkl=bar" switch, but on
occasion, I've needed to check the actual tapes, so I used "checkl=yes".
In EVERY CASE it ran to successful completion-at least as long as the
library itself wasn't broken.  I've used that command on our 3575s (L12 and
L18) as well as our 3583 (L72).  It works for us when called upon. That was
with ADSM 3.1 and TSM 4.1 - we skipped 3.7.

Tab Trepagnier
TSM Administrator
Laitram Corporation

George Lesho <GLesho AT AFCE DOT COM>@VM.MARIST.EDU> on 04/09/2002 11:19:08 AM