ADSM-L

Re: Migrate Install 3.7 to 4.2 any Notes?

2002-04-09 18:01:24
Subject: Re: Migrate Install 3.7 to 4.2 any Notes?
From: George Lesho <GLesho AT AFCE DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 16:41:52 -0500
I saved off all config files, the accounting log and a bunch of other
things. I backed up the db and was ready for the worst. I needed nothing...
it was very straightforward. The licesnse files need to be installed
properly. I would highly recommend latest ATAPE driver and that is about
it. I didn't need any of the stuff I had saved off... no config changes at
all when upgrade was complete... only had to redo licensing.

George Lesho
System/Storage Admin
AFC Enterprises

                      Craig Simpson
                      <simpsonc AT US DOT IBM.        To:       ADSM-L AT
VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                      COM>                     cc:       (bcc: George
Lesho/Partners/AFC)
                      Sent by: "ADSM:          Subject:  Re: Migrate Install
3.7 to 4.2 any Notes?
                      Dist Stor
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      .EDU>

                      04/09/02 04:53 PM
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

On AIX 4.3.3. Any notes you have would be great. We are running an IBM 3494
Librairy with 3590 drivers.

Craig

--
Craig Simpson
Craig Simpson

                      "Jolliff, Dale"
                      <xjolliff AT TI DOT COM>        To:
ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                      Sent by: "ADSM:          cc:
                      Dist Stor                Subject:  Re: Migrate
Install 3.7 to 4.2 any Notes?
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      .EDU>

                      04/09/02 03:27 PM
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

What OS?
I just did some 3.7.4 to 4.2.x for AIX.

It's pretty straightforward for the server code itself, but watch out for
changes in the startup scripts if you use an externally managed library.