ADSM-L

Re: 3590s in a Aix environment

2002-04-08 14:38:36
Subject: Re: 3590s in a Aix environment
From: Matt Hurlburt <Matthew_W_Hurlburt AT KEYBANK DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 14:23:45 -0400
David -

We let the library decide what cart goes where - we have roughly 4500 tapes
in our TSM environment (on-site and off-site), the majority of which (~2/3)
are K's.  We had originally planned to phase the J's out as K's came in -
but that was postponed (permanently) when we started running out of tape
space a while ago (due to a lack of expiration, which has since been
resolved).  We've looked at trying to segregate the tapes, but have never
been able to quantify a benefit that would make the time invested
worthwhile.  If I was starting from scratch (or dealing with a smaller
environment), I would probably try to organize it a little more logically
(if it is possible) - you could probably make a case for efficient tape
allocation based on your specific setup.

Matt

deehre01 AT LOUISVILLE DOT [email protected] on 04/08/2002 02:09:44 PM

Sent by:    ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU