ADSM-L

Re: AIX Sys Backup

2002-04-08 13:30:23
Subject: Re: AIX Sys Backup
From: Robert Molerio <rjm AT PANIX DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 13:27:26 -0400
In most AIX platforms I worked on we always used mksysb (keep small image)
or sysback (keep rootvg as small as possible) and wrote scripts that
re-created the other volume groups and their logical volumes then the same
scripts would invoke dsmc restores which restored the data to the other
volume groups...I frankly can't thing of an efficient way to store entire
systems images in tsm w/o trading off some performance/restore
time/security.

Bob