ADSM-L

Query Output Format

2002-04-05 10:55:33
Subject: Query Output Format
From: David E Ehresman <deehre01 AT LOUISVILLE DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 10:32:52 -0500
If I put a "Q DB" and a "Q DB F=D" together in a script and run it from
a terminal (AIX), the "Q DB" output is in table format and the "Q DB
F=D" output is in list format.  This is what I want.  If, however, I
redirect the output to a file, "RUN QUERY > query.txt", they both come
out in table format and the "Q DB F=D" output is unintelligible because
for the format.  I can't use the -displaymode option because I don't
want the output all one way or the other, I just want it to look like it
does when it runs on the terminal.  I searched adsm.org and saw many
similar questions going back years but no answers.  Has Tivoli really
not come up with a solution to this problem????

David