ADSM-L

Checkin after teach library

2002-04-04 05:22:49
Subject: Checkin after teach library
From: brian welsh <brianwelsh3 AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 12:22:50 +0200
Hello,

Library 3494, drives 3590B, AIX 4.3.3, TSM 4.1.1.0

Next weekend our shared library (with a few lpar's/S-390) will be extended.
IBM says, that by setting the library online, and after the 'TEACH' all the
tapes probably return to an INSERT-category. This means we have to check in
all our tapes (600).

We are intending to do the following:
audit library
checkin libvol <libname> status=scratch search=yes volr=...,... checkl=no
devt=3590
checkin libvol <libname> status=private search=yes volr=...,... checkl=no
devt=3590

I have three questions:
1. Is this the right way?
2. Is every tape mounted during the checkin?
3. Has anyone done this before and how long did it take?

Thanks,

Brian