ADSM-L

Re: TSM Client Agent randomly stopping on Windows 2000 SP2

2002-04-03 06:33:20
Subject: Re: TSM Client Agent randomly stopping on Windows 2000 SP2
From: Rysstad - Tor Arne <tor-arne.rysstad AT SKATTEETATEN DOT NO>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 13:35:48 +0200
Which services are required for proper backup with TSM Backup Client Version 4,
Release
1, Level 3.0?

I have found these:

Service Name                    Executable:                     Startup type:
Status
"%computername%"                        dsmcsvc.exe
Automatic               Not started
TSM Remote Client Agent         dsmagent.exe            Automatic
Not started
TSM Client Acceptor             dsmcad.exe                      Automatic
        Started

Should all these services be running at all times?

Are there any known issues with running TSM agents on Windows 2000? Can I
upgrade the agent running on my Windows 2000 server without changing the ADSM
config, or upgrading all other TSM agents?

Thank you very much in advance for any help !!

Regards from Oslo, Norway
Tor Rysstad