ADSM-L

Re: cant get the backup result in activity log

2002-04-02 10:09:54
Subject: Re: cant get the backup result in activity log
From: Michael Bartl <michael.bartl AT CW DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 17:09:20 +0200
The amount of information the TSM client reports to the server log
varies from client version to client version. We experienced that some
important messages like "filename too long" don't get reported to the
server log and the number of objects failed in the summary most times is
much larger than the number of error messages reported to the server
log.
And there are some clients that do not report anything to the server
log: TDP for Oracle (at least the Solaris Version ist very quiet), all
client patch levels we've seen so far don't even report any summary.

Best regards,
Michael
--
Michael Bartl, Dipl. Inform. (FH)           mailto:michael.bartl AT cw DOT com
Michael Bartl, Dipl. Inform. (FH)           mailto:michael.bartl AT cw DOT com