ADSM-L

Re: Rman/TSm

2002-03-30 07:56:54
Subject: Re: Rman/TSm
From: Lloyd Dieter <dieter AT SNRGY DOT COM>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 07:56:53 -0500
Yes, that's what we are seeing at one of my customer's sites.  Requires
some kludging to get everything to work.

-Lloyd
On Fri, 29 Mar 2002 21:32:33 -0500
"Seay, Paul" <seay_pd AT NAPTHEON DOT COM> wrote:

> Typically, you define a maximum size for the storage pool.  The problem
here
> is that the TDP is different and Oracle does not preannounce the object
> size.  So, I think it will get to 20GB fail and  then resend the object,
but
> TDP for Oracle may not be able to resend, thus it will just fail.  This
is
> just a stab at what may happen.  I have never seen it before.

    Lloyd Dieter        -       Senior Technology Consultant
    Lloyd Dieter        -       Senior Technology Consultant
   Synergy, Inc.   http://www.synergyinc.cc   ldieter AT snrgy DOT com
             Main:716-389-1260    fax:716-389-1267