ADSM-L

Re: NEED HELP CONTROLLING SCRIPT OUTPUT, FIELD LENGTHS

2002-03-27 11:03:53
Subject: Re: NEED HELP CONTROLLING SCRIPT OUTPUT, FIELD LENGTHS
From: Rejean Larivee/Quebec/IBM <rlarivee AT CA.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 11:46:20 -0400
Hello Matt,
remove the -TAB and use -DISPLAY=LIST instead.
I believe this is what you are looking for.

Rejean Larivee
Rejean Larivee
IBM TSM/ADSM Level 2 Support

                      "MC Matt Cooper
                      (2838)"                   To:       ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST
DOT EDU
                      <Matt.Cooper@AMGRE        cc:
                      ETINGS.COM>               Subject:  Re: NEED HELP
CONTROLLING SCRIPT OUTPUT, FIELD LENGTHS
                      Sent by: "ADSM:
                      Dist Stor Manager"
                      <[email protected].

                      03/27/2002 11:00
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

Ike,
        I am running the following batch job.  I added the  -TAB and tried
-OUTFILE with a redirect in the macro to the data set and that didn't work
either.  So I tried a few different variation of the above and even went
either.  So I tried a few different variation of the above and even went
back to adding a / after the ADSMC as the book says.  None of it made a
difference.  It always came back with the output looking the same.  Ideally
I would want just the needed fields, with fixed length 1 per line.
Matt

THE JOB.....

//TSMJOB1  EXEC PGM=IKJEFT01
//STEPLIB  DD   DSN=SYS1.CEE.SCEERUN,
//             DISP=SHR
//DSCLANG  DD DSN=SYS1.TSM.SANSMSG(ANSMENU),DISP=SHR
//DSCOPT   DD DSN=AGPP.TSM.TSOADMIN.OPTIONS,DISP=SHR
//SYSHELP  DD DSN=SYS1.TCPIP.SEZAHELP,DISP=SHR
//SYSIN  DD  DUMMY
//D1  DD  DSN=AGPP.TSM.INACTIVE.NODES,DISP=SHR
//SYSTSIN DD *
DSMADMC -ID=ADMINJOB -PASSWORD=xxxxxxxx -OUTFILE=DD:D1 MACRO DD:D2 -TAB
//D2  DD *
select node_name,lastacc_time,contact from nodes where -
  cast((current_timestamp-lastacc_time)days as -
  decimal) >= 7

/*
//SYSTSPRT  DD SYSOUT=*
//SYSUDUMP DD SYSOUT=*

THE OUTPUT FILE ....

ADSTAR Distributed Storage Manager

Command Line Administrative Interface - Version 3, Release 1, Level 0.7

(C) Copyright IBM Corporation, 1990, 1999, All Rights Reserved.

ANS8000I Server command: 'select node_name,lastacc_time,contact from nodes
where

NODE_NAME                    LASTACC_TIME            CONTACT

DTE-1710                       2002-03-15                Dan
DTE-1710                       2002-03-15                Dan
                          09:28:26.000000                 Harrison/Desktop
DTE-1720                       2002-03-15                SUE
                          23:27:49.000000                NEBINGER/DESKTOP