ADSM-L

Re: LANFREE Backups - Feedback?

2002-03-27 10:33:53
Subject: Re: LANFREE Backups - Feedback?
From: Zlatko Krastev <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 11:23:07 +0200
If a customer wants to buy AIX box or ESS most of the times he/she will
prefer to get the other instead of going into multi-vendor implementation.
If Sun allow customers to get ESS attached to their boxes too often they
may also loose box sales.
For this reasons AIX/ESS and Sun/EMC are usually bundled together. AIX/EMC
or Sun/ESS are much more rarely used. I've not seen any market research
what is the percentage of AIX/ESS vs. Sun/ESS or Sun/EMC vs. Sun/ESS but
would expect it can be 8:1 or similar.
It was already pointed in this thread that sales of TDP for EMC/Sun or TDP
for ESS/AIX are not so high. And we cannot expect efforts to be wasted on
less prospective area.
Paul, had you any success with product development manager ?

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant