ADSM-L

Patch levels.. Confused..

2002-03-26 23:29:46
Subject: Patch levels.. Confused..
From: Bob Booth - UIUC <booth AT CHIANTI.CSO.UIUC DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 22:29:17 -0600
I had a user come to me today with an error message.  On a Solaris 5.8 system
running 4.2.1 client code, they get a

ANS1074I *** User Abort ***

After the backup is completed (after the statistics line).

I looked at the patches, and in 4.2.1.15 I found references to in APARS
resolved from 4.1.2 code.  One of the APARS referenced erroneous ANS1074I
messages.  I went to tivoli support, and referenced APAR IC29368

Error Description:
At the 4.1.2 Client an 'User Abort' message is issued in error
after an error message is generated by the client. The message
is not specific to a certain error. This problem does not
occur on previous level of client code. In the example below a
'User Abort' message is being generated after each error. In
previous version of the client the 'User Abort' was not

generate.

*text deleted*

(that is some of the actual text from cut and paste).

So my question is this, what code base is 4.2.1.15 based on?  Is this
actually a patch to 4.2.1 code, or is it a repatch of 4.1.2 code, or did
tivoli interpose 4.1.2 with 4.2.1 throughout the readme and APAR references?

Can someone explain what I should tell my clients?  Actually, I am not even
sure if this APAR addresses our problem, but I pretty sure, this is not
a serious issue.

thanks,

bob