ADSM-L

Re: Documentation needed: Backing up through a firewall

2002-03-26 11:00:49
Subject: Re: Documentation needed: Backing up through a firewall
From: Aaron Widmeyer <aaron.guy.widmeyer AT CENSUS DOT GOV>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 11:00:14 -0500
Doug,

   Where I used to work we did this all the time.  All we ever needed was
the correct IP address and port on the firewall that points to you TSM
server.  Set the IP and port in dsm.opt and you should be ok.  Run a test
if concerned.

                    Douglas
                    Currell              To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    <dlcurrell@YAH       cc:
                    OO.COM>              Subject:     Documentation needed:
Backing up through a firewall
                    Sent by:
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MAR
                    IST.EDU>

                    03/26/2002
                    05:41 AM
                    Please respond
                    to "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

I need someone to point in the direction of documentation about configuring
TSM to backup through a firewall. "Installing the Clients" and "Using the
BA Client" have scant information about the process other than identifying
the ports that need to be opened.... Thank you.

File your taxes online! Yahoo! Canada Tax Centre
File your taxes online! Yahoo! Canada Tax Centre