ADSM-L

Re: Is there a way to email notifications in TSM?

2002-03-22 11:52:40
Subject: Re: Is there a way to email notifications in TSM?
From: John Bremer <jbremer AT LANL DOT GOV>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 09:50:01 -0700
You're right there are some expensive solutions.  I believe ServerGraph has
the e-mail notification capability, but in our environment we were quoted
$35,000 for the initial installation, plus 15% maintenance.  TDS for SMA
does not have e-mail notice capablity.

If you check the ADSM.org archive you will find historical responses to
this query which give details on query the activity logs and generating
your own e-mail notices.

We use a DB2 database loaded every morning after backups, which we query
and generate mail from.

So I recommend home-grown the best, least expensive, solution.