ADSM-L

Backing up a large file system for a TSM newbie

2002-03-21 13:52:05
Subject: Backing up a large file system for a TSM newbie
From: Peter McMahon <peter.mcmahon AT HIBERNIAN DOT IE>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 18:32:53 -0000
Hi,

sorry if this is a repost!

firstly let me state that I am very new to TSM ....and have only picked up
bits and pieces from reviewing the list and some FAQ type docos....so pls
excuse if this is a basic question...

We have several AIX boxes which have 'large' file systems...by large I mean
> 30Gig which contain multiple installs of Oracle sever s/w ....so thousands
of files/directories. (NB Not the database files them selves)

A selective backup of these is taking a 'significant' amount of time -
approx 4 hr to do a filesystem of about 35G...I have tried going directly to
tape - think it was even slower....

so what I am looking for is some advice on the best settings for these types
of file systems

TIA

Peter

other use of, or taking of any action or reliance upon, this
sender and delete the material from your computer.