ADSM-L

Re: SV: SQL log backup when Data-file is damaged??

2002-03-20 13:11:58
Subject: Re: SV: SQL log backup when Data-file is damaged??
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 13:09:54 -0500
> I know it's possible with SQL2000's backup feature,
> but when I try in TDP GUI the checkbox is greyed out
> with a ! in it, after I removed the data file.

Bo,

Well... in some unique situations like this it should
have been able to be performed by the command-line interface.
Did you try it?   TDPSQLC BACKUP databasename log /truncate
If that doesn't work, please call support so that
we can go through normal channels to handle this.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

Leave everything a little better than you found it.
Smile a lot: it costs nothing and is beyond price.