ADSM-L

UNLOADDB/LOADDB Scenario

2002-03-20 12:12:46
Subject: UNLOADDB/LOADDB Scenario
From: Andy Carlson <andyc AT ANDYC.CARENET DOT ORG>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 11:10:07 -0600
I have been kicking around the idea of doing and unload/load of the
database.  Here is a scenario I came up with, to possibly cover my bases
if the load goes badly:

UNLOADDB to a disk file
LOADFORMAT one of my mirrored DB and mirrored LOG
LOADDB
AUDITDB (do I really have to do this?)

The advantage is that if I cannot load the DB for some reason, I still
have my other mirror that I could update the dsmserv.dsk file and
restart TSM.  Is this feasible?  Thanks.

Andy Carlson                             |\      _,,,---,,_
andyc AT andyc.carenet DOT org            ZZZzz /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_
BJC Health System                       |,4-  ) )-,_. ,\ (  `'-'
St. Louis, Missouri                    '---''(_/--'  `-'\_)
Cat Pics: http://andyc.dyndns.org/animal.html